Home Projects

Projects

The Market House 


unnamed

Portaferry’s 18th Century Market House has gone under cover as work begins to restore the town’s focal point.

Built in 1779, the Market House , a Grade B listed building, is having extensive regeneration work out by Mascott Construction, the £350,000 project is part of the Portaferry Townscape Hertiage Initiative (THI) – a £1.2million heritage led scheme to regenerate buildings within the historic town centre of Portaferry .  It is joint funded by Ards and North Down Borough Council and managed and administered by Portaferry Regeneration Ltd.  The project is due to be completed by mid-July 2017.